Instructions for Student Applicants
STANDING INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENT APPLICANTS UNDER RTI ACT, 2005
HOW TO APPLY?
- 1.1 All the student applicants shall have to apply in a prescribed form available at the office of the Public Information Officer (Exam) against a payment of ' 2.00 (Rupees Two)' only. Guardians are not eligible to apply on behalf of the student.
- 1.2 Any student may also download the application form and send the same duly filled up enclosing 2 (two) copies of the concerned Mark Sheets and 1 (one) copy of the Admit Card with clearly marking the Subject / Course Code in both the mark-sheets and send through post or bearer addressed to ‘Public Information Officer (Exam), Dibrugarh University, P.O. Rajabheta, Dibrugarh, Assam, PIN 786004’.
- 1.3 While applying personally at the Office of the Public Information Officer(Exam)r, a student has to enclose 2 (two) copies of the concerned Mark Sheets and 1 (one) copy of the Admit Card with clearly marking the Subject / Course Code in both the mark-sheets.
- 1.4 A student may either pay the RTI Fees of 10.00 (Rupees Ten) only per paper (including two halves of the same paper) in the Dibrugarh University Cash Counter against a proper receipt or by Indian Postal Order(IPO) payable to ‘The Registrar, Dibrugarh University’.
- 1.5 While applying, the applicant has to give full address for correspondence through post clearly mentioning the Name, Guardian’s Name, Village/Town, Police Station, Post Office, District and PIN Code. The student applicants are also advised to send their mobile number for rapid communication, if need arises. The University shall not be responsible for non-delivery of the letter due to incomplete address or lost during transit. The student applicant may, however, intimate such situation to the Public Information Officer(Exam) after 25 days of sending or submission of application over phone number 0373-2370773 (Strictly from Monday to Friday excepting University holidays, Time 10:00 AM to 1.00 PM and 2.00 PM to 4.30 PM only)
INTIMATION BY PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER(EXAM)
- 2.1 After receiving the concerned answer script(s) from the Examination Branch, the applicant will be intimated through telephone or message or post to come for personal inspection within three days at the office of the Public Information Officer(Exam). Under exceptional circumstances, an applicant shall be allowed to inspect the requested answer script(s) after the expiry of three days when such candidate inform and obtain permission from the Public Information Officer (Exam) over phone.
- 2.2 Before coming to the University for inspection of his/her answer script(s), the applicant should ensure that it is not a Saturday, Sunday or any other holiday on account of which the University shall remain closed.
- 2.3 While coming to the University for inspection of answer script(s), the student applicant shall have to bring a photo identity card.
- 3.1 Only the applicant shall be allowed to inspect the Original Answer Script(s).
- 3.2 While inspection, the student applicant may bring the Question Paper(s) for proper ascertaining of allotment of marks by the Examiner.
- 3.3 While inspection, the student applicant shall not use any Pencil, Pen and the Mobile Phone should be kept in Switched Off mode. Any applicant found contravening this provision, proper disciplinary action shall be initiated against the candidate and further they shall be disqualified for any further inspection of answer script(s).
- 3.4 The student applicant can get a maximum of 20 (twenty) minutes only for inspection of his / her answer script(s).
RECTIFICATION OF ANSWER SCRIPTS
- 4.1 Inspection of answer script(s) are allowed only for personal assessment of the student. No other person whosoever will not be allowed to inspect the answer scripts on behalf of any student applicants.
- 4.2 On rare occasion, the rectification of marks in the answer script(s) shall be considered for the following reasons:
- If any portion of answer remained unchecked and where no marks have been allotted in the Top Sheet of the answer script(s).
- If any portion of answer was checked and marks allotted but was not included in the total marks reflected in the Top Sheet.
- If there is an error in counting of total marks in the Top Sheet of the answer script(s).
- If disparity of marks exist between the Top Sheet and actual marking inside the answer script(s).
- 4.3 If any such anomaly is detected while inspecting their answer script(s), the applicant will be required to submit an application at the time of inspection only addressed to the Controller of Examinations, Dibrugarh University pointing such anomalies. No such application complaining of any anomaly shall be considered at a later stage.
- 4.4 After inspection of answer script(s), the candidate is required to sign a declaration to the effect that he / she personally inspected the requested answer script(s).
APPLICATION UNDER RTI ACT AND RE-EVALUATION / RE-SCRUTINY
- 5.1 The student applicants are to ensure before applying under RTI Act that they have not applied for Re-evaluation / Re-scrutiny in their colleges. The studentapplicant can’t avail both the system at the same time.
- 5.2 If the student applies for Re-evaluation / Re-scrutiny after applying under RTI Act, his / her form for Re-evaluation / Re-scrutiny shall stand cancelled and disciplinary action may be initiated against the student applicant for violation of rules.
- 5.3 A student applicant may however apply under the RTI Act after the declaration of the result under Re-evaluation / Re-scrutiny.
- 6.1 The time limit for application for inspection of answer script(s) is a maximum period of 6 (six) months from the date of declaration of the result and 2 (two) months from the date declaration of the Re-evaluation / Re-scrutiny result.