Instructions for General Applicants
STANDING INSTRUCTIONS TO GENERAL APPLICANTS UNDER RTI ACT, 2005
- There is no prescribed format for general applicants. Any citizen who desires to obtain any information may submit their written application in a plain paper either in English, Assamese or in Hindi clearly mentioning their name and full and proper address for correspondence.
- A request for obtaining information under the Act shall be accompanied by an application fee of ` 10.00 (Rupees Ten) only payable by way of cash at the Women’s College, Tinsukia Cash Counter against a proper receipt or by Demand Draft or Banker’s Cheque or Indian Postal Order (IPO) payable to ‘The Principal, Women’s College, Tinsukia’.
- Within the statutory period of 30 days, the Public Information Officer shall intimate the applicant(s) through post to come for inspection of documents, if any. The Public Information Officer shall also endeavour to send the information to the applicant within 30 days of receipt of such application through post.
- The applicant shall have to deposit the balance fee, if any, with the Women’s College, Tinsukia Cash Counter against a proper receipt or by Demand Draft or Banker’s Cheque or Indian Postal Order (IPO) payable to 'The Principal, Women’s College, Tinsukia' before collection of information.
- An applicant may send their application through post and may send them to the address as given below:-
The Public Information Officer
Mr. Dulal Baruah
Women’s College, Tinsukia
Rangagora Road, PO. – Tinsukia
Pin - 786125, Assam
Ph. No. : 0374 - 2338826 (O)