COURSES ON OFFER
(1) Higher Secondary Courses in Arts & Commerce
This is a Two Year full time Course designed and conducted by Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC). There is a Final Examination at the end of each year. Entry qualification for the course is H.S.L.C. or equivalent examinations conducted by various State Boards and Central Board.
(2) Degree Course in Arts (B.A.) & Commerce (B.Com.)
Three years full time Bachelor Courses are offered in Arts (B.A.) and Commerce (B.Com.) for the students willing to pursue higher studies after 10+2 Examination. Entry qualification for the course is 10+2 or equivalent examinations conducted by various State Boards and Central Board. These courses are designed and conducted by Dibrugarh University, Assam and consist of six semesters in three years. There is provision for a Major Course as well as General Course for B.A. and a specialisation course & general course for B. Com. As of now, B.Com. course is self-financing.
- A Student who has passed the (10+2) Examination in Arts, Science and Commerce conducted by AHSEC or any recognised Board (recognised as such by Dibrugarh University) with at least 50% Marks (45% for S.T./ S.C.) in agreegate may apply.
- Candidate who have appeared in their 10+2 Examination apply on condition that they have to produce their results with required norms by the time of admission.
(4) Dress Code for B.B.A. Students:
Greyish black trouser, off white full shirt, printed neck-scarf, two piece coat of greyish black colour, black shoes and skin colour stockings. BBA classes at Women's College, Tinsukia are supplemented by Audio-Visual, Teleconferencing, EDUSAT support and IGNOU Study Materials.(5) Subjects offered in Higher Secondary Course (Arts) :
English, MIL (Assamese, Bengali, Hindi), Alternative English, Economics, Education, Political Science, History, Mathematics, Logic & Philosophy, Sanskrit, Computer Science & Application.
N.B. ( Students passing H.S.L.C. or Equivalent Examinations under C.B.S.E. or Boards/Councils other than S.E.B.A. with an MIL will have to take up the same or any other MIL. Such students will not be allowed to take up Alternative English.)
(6) Subjects / Papers offered in Degree Course :
- Major : A Student has the following subject options to pursue Major in : Assamese, Bengali, Economics, Education, English, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science.
- General : A Student has the following subjects to choose her General course from : Economics, Education, English, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit, History, Sociology.
- General : All the papers are compulsory. (See Course Structure)
A student may choose any one of Assamese, Bengali, Hindi as MIL and may take up Alt. English in lieu of these.(7) Add-on Courses (Career Oriented Courses):
- Computer Basic
- Computer Advanced (MS office, Tally, DCA, Spoken Tutorial)
- Electrician Basic
- Spoken English